If you are seeking a leisurely day, Headlands House is a great starting point.
Take a quiet stroll down to Coney Glen Beach and put your toes in the Indian Ocean (swimming not recommended here).
The famous Knysna Heads Viewpoint is literally a two minute walk away and has spectacular views of the lagoon, Heads and ocean.
Or enjoy a dip in our swimming pool and catch a few rays while lying on one of our sun loungers and watching the ocean below.
Keep an eye out for the local birds that pop in to our bird feeding station for a quick snack or a drink.
For those who like to indulge in a little pampering, ask one of our professional staff to book an in-house treatment for you.
For The Energetic
Let us arrange visits to the following places for you:
- Featherbed Nature Reserve – take a ferry across the lagoon to Featherbed Nature Reserve and enjoy a panoramic walking trail offering breathtaking views of the lagoon, Leisure Isle and the Heads.
- Robberg Nature Reserve – a 20 minute drive away, just outside Plettenberg Bay. Another paradise to walk in. The longer trail is definitely for the more agile and fit person.
- Storms River Mouth – another spectacular destination to walk in nature with the fynbos and the sea all around.
- Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours
- Whale watching – from Knysna – Thesen Island.
- World’s highest bungy jump (213 metres) at Bloukrans Bridge – a good combination with Storms River and the Canopy tours
- Knysna Elephant Park or sanctuary
- Birds of Eden, Monkeyland and Jukani
- Tenikwa Rehabilitation centre – witness there amazing work and walk with cheetahs at sunset
The list is endless. Ask one of our professional staff and depending on what you require, the relevant suggestions will be made.
Restaurants and Wine Farms
A Little Further Afield we can Arrange.
- Quad bike tours
- White shark cage diving
- Horse riding in the forest
- Ostrich farm and Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn
- Cango Wildlife Ranch – have your photo taken with a cheetah!
For the Golfers
Contact: Riane or Debbie
Tel: +27 (0)44 384 0949
Mobile: +27 (0) 83 601 1319
Fax: +27 (0)86 549 7369
Address: 50 Coney Glen Drive, The Heads, Knysna
Postal Address: PO Box 2281, Knysna 6570, South Africa
GPS CO-ORDINATES: 34°04'41.60"S - 23°03'53.20"E
Headlands House, A destination All on its own. Knysna, The Heads, Western Cape. Dramatic Location. Breath taking views. Famous Knysna Heads. Quality of Service, Garden Route, Cliff Edge Pool. Large wooden Viewing Deck. Emphasis on Personal Service Accommodation The Heads Knysna Headlands House Rooms with sea views